Sunday, July 20, 2008

Uncle.

OK, enough with the rain - was able to take one photo before it started again. Things that are supposed to be standing, are on the ground, and even an Inula that is on the Soon to Be Gone list looks like it has done the job for me, breaking off right at the base of the plant. The Japanese Beetles have moved in in number and somehow they seem to have a more effective purchase now that the leaves are soaked - making my tour around the garden with my bucket of death (bucket, water & a little soap) more of a chore than it was a couple of days ago. And don't even get me started about the twitch grass in the lawn!

Anyway, here's a photo of poor sad Hemerocallis 'Mary Todd' - one of my all time favourites - huge blossoms (15cm - 6"), pretty scent, a happy yellow colour - a lovely day lily.

No comments: