Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SculptArt at the Royal Botanical Gardens

Took a mid-afternoon break to go visit the RBG and take a good look at the art exhibition that I'd skipped over the last time I was there. The art show was great, plus there was lots of activity as the new Helen M. Kippax perennial garden takes shape. Volunteers, staff, plants and earth movers were everywhere in what looked like organized chaos. The new reflecting ponds are being planted up - all that is missing is the water - can hardly wait! We ducked around all the activity and saw some neat installations - from Lee Vivot's Icetime at a mere $215,000 to smaller pieces such as Jean Pierre Schoss, Musky on a Stand made out of recycled steel and oil tank for $6000. Certainly worth a visit if you are in the area.










Laura Hollick's Journey Walker 1 thru 4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to get to the RBG–It's just an hour or so away from here, and I'm told it's a great. I checked out their web site and like the sculptures they have there currently. I'll have to make an excuse to get there - enticing my wife with a trip to Ikea to make it all worthwhile.

Barbarapc said...

That sounds like a good compromise. IKEA is a bit of a mob scene at the moment - nothing like inexpensive furniture you can knock together for the college crowd - people are shopping with the entire tribe - no one left behind! If you go to the RBG - park in one of the lots and take the shuttle - you'll want to be sure to see as much as you can.

Lucy Corrander said...

Some of these sculptures are such fun!

I especially like the thin white figures which look as if they are larking around on the lawn. It would be tempting to join them!

Thanks for visiting my blog PICTURES JUST PICTURES Barbara. I hope you come again - I'm looking forward to your comments!

Lucy Corrander